Friday, January 16, 2015

IGNITE


IGNITE (Defy #2) 
By Sara B. Larson
 

Goodreads Summary:
 
                Murder, abductions, and forbidden romance abound in this thrilling sequel to Sara B. Larson's acclaimed YA debut, DEFY.

               Alexa remains by the newly crowned King Damian’s side as his guard, ever committed to helping him rebuild Antion and reclaim the hope of Antion's people, despite continuing to harbor a secret love for him. However, when another threat to Damian and his kingdom emerges, and blame is cast on their newly forged allies from Blevon, Alexa knows things are not what they seem. With the fate of her nation hanging in the balance once again, will Alexa be able to protect her king and uncover the true enemy -- before it's too late?

 
  Gabrielle's Review:
                 I first discovered Sara B. Larson when her debut novel (Defy) released. I didn't realize at the time of purchase that it was her debut novel and as I read it, I still didn't realize it. Her writing style, although simple, is elegant. My only complaint I actually had of that book was that I didn't feel the plot had many layers. I didn't find out it was her debut novel until I liked her Facebook page. 
                 I recommend liking Sara's facebook.  ( https://www.facebook.com/AuthorSaraBLarson ) After liking her facebook, I realized that she isn't like a lot of authors. She is friendly, generous, and a great person overall.
                When I started reading Ignite, I did notice the plot, writing, and characters more came to life. Now that Prince Damian is King Damian, everyone thought things would be easier but what no one expected was certain countries wanting to wage war. Which countries? They aren't sure. They need to figure it out before a full blown war erupts. And the hardest part of all? Their new allies Blevon are being framed - or so they hope.
                I love Alexa's determination to be the best guard she can be. Even when King Damian tries to get her to admit her feelings for him, she refuses him and tells him to find a woman fit to be queen, not his "scarred guard." Honestly, without Alexa, all of Antion (her kingdom) would have been conquered easily.
                I couldn't put Ignite down. I read it even faster than I read Defy and I thought that was fast. It was a fast paced book with lovable characters. Sara's writing shined throughout the entire novel. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a great Fantasy novel. Good job Sara!!

                 -Gabrielle

No comments:

Post a Comment