Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The Ivy Chronicles. Book 1: Foreplay By Sophie Jordan.


*WARNING* THIS BOOK REVIEW IS FOR A NEW ADULT BOOK, NOT YA!

                        Summary from Goodreads:

            Pepper has been hopelessly in love with her best friend’s brother, Hunter, for like ever. He’s the key to everything she’s always craved: security, stability, family. But she needs Hunter to notice her as more than just a friend. Even though she’s kissed exactly one guy, she has just the plan to go from novice to rock star in the bedroom—take a few pointers from someone who knows what he’s doing.

Her college roommates have the perfect teacher in mind. But bartender Reece is nothing like the player Pepper expects. Yes, he’s beyond gorgeous, but he’s also dangerous, deep—with a troubled past. Soon what started as lessons in attraction are turning both their worlds around, and showing just what can happen when you go past foreplay and get to what’s real…

 

                        Gabrielle's Review:

 

            I originally discovered Sophie Jordan's books when I read Firelight (Which is another great series but completely different type of read). I hadn't heard of the Ivy Chronicle series until the past few months. I read all three books in the Ivy Chronicle series in one and a half days.

            In Foreplay, the characters are sweet (Pepper and Georgia), sassy (Em), sexy (Reece *swoon*), and completely irresponsible (EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER EXCEPT HUNTER). Pepper's friends get it into their head that Pepper needs experience before going after the guy of her dreams and somehow they convince her to try hit on the man-whore bartender. In reality, no girl would fling herself at another guy for "experience" when the man she has wanted since she was a little girl suddenly becomes single BUT the way Sophie Jordan weaves it into the story, I couldn't stop reading. I was addicted. I spent an ENTIRE Saturday devouring this series. She had me hooked from page 1 until "The End".

            Pepper is really relatable, especially for me. As a teen, I was in love with the same guy since I was ten years old. He saw me as a best friend, part of the family, not as a potential girlfriend. But as I turned 16, I was suddenly and strangely on his radar but when he finally came around, I was over him. I waited six years for him.

            Even though I was saddened by the fact Pepper thought she needed "experience" before she could go for Hunter, it was one of the best New Adult reads I have read so far. Sophie Jordan is very talented and every book of hers that she wrote, I like. Well done! I can't wait for UNLEASHED.

No comments:

Post a Comment