Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Small excerpt from my current project

*Unedited*
“I have to see Mathew all summer,” I whispered more to myself than the others but that grabbed both of their attention.
“No, you don’t,” Ethan snapped. “You can get better.”
           “You don’t understand,” I started, but I paused, unable to utter any other words. Fear held me firmly in it’s grasp. I couldn’t move or even think evenly. I took a deep breath, trying to calm the whirling storm within. I rubbed my sweaty palms together as the large cafeteria closed in on me. My eyes slid shut, hoping to stop my rising panic attack. Sarah grabbed my lunch tray and dumped the trash out. Finally, when Sarah returned to the table, I shuddered and released a sigh. When I finally reopened my eyes, I said, “We got hired at the same overnight summer camp as camp counselors.”

             Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment